Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day Two Hundred and Sixty Three

We began to move some of the old files and office paraphernalia into storage this morning.

Who chose Thursday 9 June?

It was 80° with 75% humidity at 6.30am. By mid-morning it was 95° with 85% humidity. It was a linen shirt today, rather than the usual 3 piece Scottish tweed suit.


































Our movers Damon, Donna and Steve were simply great (we're doing it all again in two weeks guys!).

And I got to to ride in the coolest truck in America. Truck = kit.



































































What I can't understand is why Janet, our office manager, could not stop laughing when she saw me in the truck. I thought I looked perfectly at home; must have been the madras red shirt...

I did my bit for the move - I distinctly recall a smudge of dirt on my forearm; I wore it with pride for the entire day. OK, so Donna made me look like the feeble Englishman that I am, but I'm not used to this heat - I'm thinking that perhaps I'll be able to improve my contribution if I wear a pith helmet and carry a fly swish next time.

At the same time a couple of the new filing cabinets were delivered. This is a particularly significant event.



















 



















The baseboard was finished.





















The mailboxes arrived.

















All of the light fixtures were installed. I know nothing about these things, but I'm pretty sure that those are nice angles. Aren't they?
















Even I'm getting bored of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment