Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day One Hundred and Sixty Eight

I was shocked into consciousness this morning with a call from London and the requirement to start discussing external lights, their placement, how many and how brightly they should shine - completely understandable - the caller from London did have several pressing social events to attend and because my beauty sleep has achieved nothing in the last 46 years it could obviously wait another couple of hours.

Because I am an early and cheerful riser this challenge posed no problem to the Smith constitution - I coughed, rubbed my eyes, sprang out of bed like a March hare, made a swift cup of English tea, almost passed out under the weight of such exercise, found my feet and began the conversation...








































 













$21.98. I repeat $21.98. I can't possibly say what the first light costs - something in the region of a single, one game club seat at Yankee Stadium.





































Oh, mustn't forget the floodlights. I love a decent floodlight - when it's on a baseball pitch. But as we will probably need them - boy is it dark in rural Pennsylvania - I quite like these two...






































The role of the floodlights is to quietly illuminate the office rather than making it visible from West Finchley. Which is a problem - how do you know before installing them how bright they are going to be? A floodlight expert is called for here. I'm being serious.

It's still the weekend, so I'm indulging myself with early morning at Christmas in the desert and West Hollywood.























No comments:

Post a Comment