Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day Two Hundred and Twenty Four

For the first time in over 3 years I wanted to be in London yesterday - wearing a silly hat, waving the Jack flag and sipping warm India Pale Ale (why is every beer in America mouth numbingly ice cold?).
I'm not sure why everyone assumes I'm an anti-royalist, but I'm not, never have been; I'm a staunch royalist, especially when the glorious pomp and pageantry is in full flow - how can anyone not be moved by the entire congregation of Westminster Abbey singing Jerusalem?
Emily is not a believer in monarchy. But then she was born and raised in the land of the free and thinks they're an anachronism. That's a fair opinion, but me, I like being a loyal subject of the Queen - even if I'm stretching the loyalty bit by living in Delaware, the first state; Liz won't mind - we'll take it back inch by inch your majesty.











































































They're not very exciting are they? The wedding interrupted serious photography.

This thing was on the grass yesterday afternoon. Emily and I stared at it for a while but failed to work out what it is.






















And this is a wheelbarrow of stones. Truly dreadful James.

No comments:

Post a Comment