Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day Eighteen

I wonder where this young man is today?

Tom found the photo in one of the walls a couple of weeks ago - I then put it in the back pocket of my jeans, forgot about it, put the jeans in the wash and found it lying at the bottom of the drum the next morning. Either our washing machine needs replacing or the ink used in 1983 was tough stuff, because the following is still legible on the back of the photo;

Phillip Cline Jr
Age 6 1/2 1983
(K)
  
OK Marlowe, what does the K in brackets mean?

I know this is a dull post, but at least it's not about windows.

The next subject I'm going to bore you with is decking. I made a feeble attempt today at persuading Emily that because the organic bamboo decking from Cali Bamboo will not be available until March/April 2011, perhaps we should consider other options. Mrs. A found a company in New York called Advantage Lumber who supply sustainably grown Cumaru (Brazilian Teak), Garapa (Brazilian Ash) and Ipe (Brazilian Walnut), all of which look stunning. However, as Emily pointed out, just because they say it is farmed sustainably doesn't mean a darn thing. Very true. And the timing of March/April next year works - I have no wish to be sipping a gimlet on the deck this winter while three feet of snow rapidly builds up around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment