Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day Twenty Nine

It's not possible that we've covered all of the main structural decisions in such a short period of time, we must have missed something off the shockingly long list - I really hope I remember to order the loo, the sink and the front door; even in South London these are generally considered to be necessities - but today I took a break and started to think about the internal decoration.

In other words I spent today watching the Yankees get boxed by the Red Sox because the internal decoration of the office is so very not an area for me to poke my nose into. If it was left to me the place would be plastered with framed photos of David Bowie, Raymond Chandler, Charles Dickens and Paul Bowles. Yeah. Not good. Uh nuh.

The one screaming thought I woke to at 4am this morning was "Will it be ready in time?"
After a couple of paces around the bedroom I remembered the line from Tom Stoppard's screenplay for Shakespeare In Love, that moment when Will asks Burbage how Romeo and Juliet can ever come together in time for opening night and Burbage pauses and then says... "It's a mystery".

Indeed it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment