Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day Sixteen

When I woke up this morning, windows open to the first cool breeze since April, I checked who was playing who on the opening day of the NFL season, made a cup of tea, read a chapter of Postwar by Tony Judt, put some washing in the machine and read about restaurants in Seattle.

When Emily woke up this morning in London she constructed a scale model of The White House, including movable inner partitions so that we could compare the options we have for walls, desks, whether to have a separate storage room, and what the sight lines would be. Immaculately designed. Perfectly proportioned.

Words fail me.

I really do need to do more with my time. Knowing where to eat in Seattle this Thursday is one thing, building this model from scratch before lunch is another world.






























No comments:

Post a Comment